Views
Helpful
Replies

too many flows on a 6500 sup720

danny1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 6500 with SUP720 and PFC3B. So there is room for about 128k entries in the flow table. The problem I have is that this table fills up very quickly ( in 2-3 sec). I use the source-dest-interface flowmask, the minimum aging times so that the flows are exported as soon as posible (1/32/64) and still get 400k or 500k flows creation failed.

Is there a posibility to enable flows monitoring only on some interfaces? To reduce the number? I thought this is posible with the "ip flow ingress" command on interfaces (to enable monitoring on that interface) but the command seems to do nothing(besides IP Flow switching is disabled/enabled on show ip int). I don't have that command on neither of my interfaces and still getting about 10Mb/s of flows to my monitoring station.

I tried to use sampled netflow but the results are the same. Also, I think the export time for time-based 64 -> 1024 should be 4ms but it is 8ms, not quick enough to keep my flow number under 128k.

So, it is posible to reduce de number of flows created (Netflow TCAM count) by enabling it only on some interfaces or not?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Try bug - CSCec24628

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: