cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology not in Sync with RME

pxcamp19
Level 1
Level 1

On ciscoworks LMS 2.5 I have 350 devices in RME, yet when I go to Topology Services in Campus Manager I only have 180 devices in RME that is under Topology Groups. What do I have to do to sync these databases? Even when I create a user defined group in RME

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any filters in CM that would prevent these devices from being discovered? or unreachable?

Are any of these devices in RME in a pre-deployed state?

Are all RME devices appearing in the DCR for CS?

In CS in the DCR they are in RME- but not in Campus.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will only see devices in the RME group under Campus Manager that Campus Manager is actually managing (i.e. those that have had Data Collection run on them). So, pick one device that is seen in RME, but missing in Campus Manager, and see if this device is not filtered out under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Data Collection filters. If not, then run another Data Collection, and see if the device shows up in Campus Manager.

If not, enable core and corex debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, run a new Data Collection, then search the ani.log for errors relating to this device. Sometimes, stale device data becomes "stuck" in the ani database, and the only way to resolve that is to reinitialize the ani database.

dd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: