cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

topology services map lms 2.6

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

there are few devices on topology services do not have any link with their neighbor how ever when I go device center LMS detected and display there cdp neighbor. what's the reason those device sitting without link(neighbor) on topology services. thanks in advance.

Eli

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the neighbor also managed by Campus Manager, and showing up on the map?

yes, the neighbor is on campus manager and showing up on the map connecting with rest of devices.

Does the neighbor show the proper CDP neighbors in Device Center? This could be a case where CDP only shows correctly on one end of the link.

yes, both sides showing the proper neighbor correctly on device center.showing switch "A" neighbor for router "B" also router "B" showing switch "a" as neighbor on device center. actually these switch have more than 6 other neighbor all showing correctly on device center. only on topology services sitting without any connection.

What version of Campus Manager is this?

Version : 4.0.11

Depending on whether or not this was an upgrade, and when you last reinitialized the ANI database, this may be a problem left over from a previous version. If you've reinitialized your ANI database since installing 4.0.11, then you're probably safe there, and should open a TAC service request so they can do some log file analysis. I won't be able to look at any logs in detail until next week.

If you haven't reinitialized your ANI database since upgrading to 4.0.11, you might consider doing that, then running a new Data Collection to see if the links appear. To reinitialize the ANI database, run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

thank you so much Joe, yes my database re-initialized 2 month after CM upgrade. I am going to open TAC case as your suggestion.

Hi!

I got same problem with layer 2 topology map and do not want to reinitialize the ani database.

The redraw the full map is unfriendly process considering that it has more 500 devices.

does the TAC give any solution for the missing link problem.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco