cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services not connecting router to switch

ggolding
Level 1
Level 1

Campus Manager 4.0.4 - when looking at a subnet with topology services, if the router has a sub-interface it is never drawn as being connected to the switch it is plugged into. Even though it is clearly seen with CDP?? Is this a bug with this version? Does it work with older versions of CiscoWorks??

4 Replies 4

n.bowbridge
Level 1
Level 1

Which subnet mask are you running over the link? We found a fault in CM 4.0.x with /31 masks. Although our switches\ routers would display the correct cdp neighbours the point to point link wasn't displayed in topology services.

Cisco have patched the IPv4Address.class file, although it hasn't been released to public (CSCsd66335).

HTH

Over 90% of the subnets are /24, with a couple using /22. The fault shows up with all of them. It does not occur when there is no sub-interface used.

Must be a bug with this version. I just tested setting up a sub-interface on two of our 3750's and I get the same result (CM 4.0.4).

I've seen some weird bugs in the way Campus manager recognises links. Maybe raise a TAC case and see if support can help? The TAC team in Sydney were excellent in troubleshooting my fault listed above.

Hi, did you fix the issue?

We are having the same problem.

Thank you

Julio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: