cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services startup error

rwang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I can't start the Topology Services in Campus Manager and get an error message saying "Failed to initialize: java.lang.NumberFormatException:null" in the popup window.

This was working in my standalone LMS 3.0.1 server deployment. However, it failed after I successfully upgraded the server to LMS 3.1.

By the way, all other applications of LMS 3.1 seems to be working great after the upgrade.

Any ideas please? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bad news, it looks like your install is bad after all. The file NMSROOT/campus/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/ani/clients/lib/ui/windows/CampusAppletInit.class is the old LMS 3.0 version. That explains the line numbers and error seen in your stack trace. The file size on this should be 8,986 bytes.

You can try reinstalling Campus Manager, but it may require a clean uninstall, and reinstall.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Java do you have installed on your client workstation? Can you post a screenshot of this error?

Here are the screen shots.

Bring up the Java console, and post the error you see there.

Here is the screen shot of my java console.

This points to a possible installation problem. Please send the list of contents of NMSROOT/htdocs/campus/res as well as the file sizes of the files in this directory.

Yes, I did a local upgrade to LMS 3.1 from 3.0.1 on a standalone Windows 2003 server.

Attached is the detail file list of the direcotry.

This is fine. I think I know what your problem is. Shutdown dmgtd, then remove all the files and directories under NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost. Then restart dmgtd. Then try Topology Services.

I did above steps. But the java error remains the same even after I rebooted server.

Please post your NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\JSP_CAMPUS\org\apache\jsp\campus\*.java files.

Here is the file list of NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\JSP_CAMPUS\org\apache\jsp\campus.

Bad news, it looks like your install is bad after all. The file NMSROOT/campus/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/ani/clients/lib/ui/windows/CampusAppletInit.class is the old LMS 3.0 version. That explains the line numbers and error seen in your stack trace. The file size on this should be 8,986 bytes.

You can try reinstalling Campus Manager, but it may require a clean uninstall, and reinstall.

That's ok. I took a snapshot of the LMS server before the upgrade. I can roll back to the previous good state of LMS 3.0.1 and try another local upgrade again.

Thank you for your time on troubleshooting it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: