Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services unconnected devices view

Hi there,

We are running LMS 3.1 and in campus manager topology services i see some of my devices in Unconnected devices view.i have added snmp configuration on all my devices and have run data collection for the whole network but i still see them in the unconnected devices view and they dont show up in layer 2 view or lan edge view what could be the problem.

Secondly we have two ASA 5520 acting as external firewalls and they are behind the internal Cyberguard firewall, our LMS is behind the cyberguard firewalls. i have added the following SNMP on the ASA

-snmp server enable
-Snmp-server community cisco
-Snmp-server enable traps  all
-snmp-server host mgmt 10.0.0.1 version cisco 2c

what else do i need to do to show it in the topology services.

Finally we have call manager that shows up in the un supported devices view, is there any way to get it in the layer2 view as i can see my voice gateways 3800 and 2811.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Zubedi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Devices will appear in the unconnected devices view if they do not have CDP neighbors which have also been data collected by Campus Manager.  So, first check that the devices appear green with the proper icon in the unconnected devices view (i.e. they do not have a '?' icon).  Next, check the output of "show cdp nei" on those devices, and make sure they show some connected CDP neighbors.  Then, check that those CDP neighbors are in DCR, and show up on the topology map with proper green icons.

As for the ASA devices, these are not supported by Campus Manager since they do not support CDP.  You can get them to show up on the map, but only with green '?' icons, and only in the unconnected devices view.  To do that, they must be in DCR with the proper SNMP credentials.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Devices will appear in the unconnected devices view if they do not have CDP neighbors which have also been data collected by Campus Manager.  So, first check that the devices appear green with the proper icon in the unconnected devices view (i.e. they do not have a '?' icon).  Next, check the output of "show cdp nei" on those devices, and make sure they show some connected CDP neighbors.  Then, check that those CDP neighbors are in DCR, and show up on the topology map with proper green icons.

As for the ASA devices, these are not supported by Campus Manager since they do not support CDP.  You can get them to show up on the map, but only with green '?' icons, and only in the unconnected devices view.  To do that, they must be in DCR with the proper SNMP credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: