Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services unreachable

alouchi933
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having  some problems with the CiscoWorks LMS 3.2

- In "RME>  Collection Status> Inventory" all 10 devices are as "successful", but in the "
RME>  Collection Status> Config Archive" i have 1 devices successful and 10 with  the status "failed".

- In "CM > Visualization > Topology Services" all devices are as unreachable

All devices have snmp v2 configured. CDP are enable in all devices.  I can connect in all switchs with telnet.

My O.S. is a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition.

Campus Manager version is 5.2.0

Resource Manager Essentials version : 4.3.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Something is blocking SNMP, or SNMP is not configured properly in DCR.  Start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 traffic to one of the affected devices.  Then open that device in CiscoView.  That will cause some SNMP packets to be sent.  Check the trace to make sure the correct credentials are being used.  If they are, enable "debug snmp packet" on the device, then try CiscoView again.  If you do not see any packets come in, then something in the network is filtering the SNMP traffic.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

alouchi933
Level 1
Level 1

Any body can help me????

?

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus only uses SNMP to manage devices.  Based on all of this output, it looks like your SNMP credentials have changed either on the devices or in DCR.  Verify that the credentials are correct, and check the device configurations to make sure the LMS server is allowed to communicate with these devices via SNMP.

i verified that the credentials are correct and i checked the device configurations to make sure the LMS server is allowed to communicate with these devices via SNMP.

all are correct

i generate too troubleshooting report for the 2 devices, and i post the running configuration

Re-enter the SNMP credentials for these devices in DCR under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

I re-entered the SNMP credentials, the same problem appears. :S

When i try to Open Cisco View error message appears

i can access to the host via ping and telnet

Timeout on 192.168.1.108.

This error could be due to lack of access to the host, invalid SNMP credentials, or a busy device.

To correct the problem, do one of the following:

- Verify access to the host.

- Check the SNMP credentials.

- Increase the timeout value through the preference options on the chassis view.

And the Switchs still Unreachable

Something is blocking SNMP, or SNMP is not configured properly in DCR.  Start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 traffic to one of the affected devices.  Then open that device in CiscoView.  That will cause some SNMP packets to be sent.  Check the trace to make sure the correct credentials are being used.  If they are, enable "debug snmp packet" on the device, then try CiscoView again.  If you do not see any packets come in, then something in the network is filtering the SNMP traffic.

Thank you Clarke for the answer to my questions,