Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Topology View in Campus manager 5.2.1 with LMS 3.2

Hello,

I have a question regarding Campus manager 5.2.1 witrh LMS 3.2. I have a list of devices which are installed on different branches, all my devices are managed in campus manager. I can launch a Network views => Layer 2 View, this map show me all my devices some are linked some are not because they are on differents branches.

I've created group in Campus manager, so I can also launch a User defined groups view in the Topology groups. When I launch this view I can see all the group that I've defined on a map, all the clouds are green when all the devices are UP, but when I have a device down on a branch, the cloud stay green and do not change to red. Is it a normal behaviour?

If yes is there any way to have a synthetic map with an icon which represent a remote branch and turn red when a device is down. With this I know I have to check this or this branch and not have a big big map with all the devices.

Thanks for your answer and help if you can

Mathieu

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Topology View in Campus manager 5.2.1 with LMS 3.2

Campus does not bubble up device faults to the switch cloud level.  You will need to drill into the switch clouds to see the individual devices statuses.  As a workaround, you might consider creating a custom portal view with the Campus N-Hop View portlet focused on a core section of your network.  On the same view, add the DFM alerts portlet and RME critical syslog portlet.  This will give you a more consolidated topology/fault view of the network.

Views
Helpful
Replies