Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Traceroute using SNMP MIB

Hi all,

I would like to do a traceroute using SNMP MIB. I found the CISCO-STACK MIB which is not supported on the platform I run. I found the DISMAN-TRACEROUTE which seems to be not supported at all by cisco devices...

Is there any MIB available on Cisco routers supporting traceroute functionnalities ?

Thanks!

--Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Traceroute using SNMP MIB

The CISCO-RTTMON-MIB will allow you to setup an IP SLA operation called pathEcho that works like a traceroute.  It will test the round-trip response time between a source device and destination node.  Support for this will require an image with a feature set greater than IPBASE.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The CISCO-RTTMON-MIB will allow you to setup an IP SLA operation called pathEcho that works like a traceroute.  It will test the round-trip response time between a source device and destination node.  Support for this will require an image with a feature set greater than IPBASE.

Community Member

Argggg. I completely forgot IPSLA ... yes, you're right patchEcho is doing a traceroute and I can fetch the IP ... Thanks!

--Phil

Community Member

Hi, Can you give an example

Hi,

Can you give an example script to fetch traceroute result using CISCO-RTTMON?

Thanks!

Cisco Employee

The short answer is simply to

The short answer is simply to walk the rttMonEchoPathAdminTable.  Each entry will be the IP address of one of the hops in the path for a given collector.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content