Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic redundancy

sudhir.bhagat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am stuck up with a scenerio where i have to create a traffic redundancy using two 4507 Cisco Switches (L-3), Say Switch-1 & Switch-2 for gateway. both these Swithes would be connect to parent node(WAN) by two WAN links on each and at local end with one access switch(Cisco 4507) for extending/connecting access nodes or users.

Have to built a setup where, In case of Switch-1(Primary)failure or Primary Switch WAN links failure all traffic will be automatic shifted to Switch-2(Secondary). Please guide me to create the same.

Regards

3 Replies 3

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

A method and system to quickly redirect traffic from a server blade to different access switches that provide data communication to a network is presented. Each access switch has external ports directed upstream towards the network, and correlated internal ports directed downstream towards the server blade. The server blade has a primary interface associated with a first access switch and a secondary failover interface associated with a second access switch. In the event that the first access switch loses an upstream data signal or connection via one of its upstream external ports, a corresponding downstream internal port in the first access switch is disabled, thus causing the primary interface in the server blade to failover to the secondary failover interface and its associated second access switch.

Hi owillins ,

Could you please share basic configs.

Regards

sudhir.bhagat
Level 1
Level 1

Hii Guys,

Attached is the current + proposed scenerio (for Traffic redundancy).

Scenerio :- Currently Parent Node is connected (2 simalteaneous WAN Links) with only one cisco 4507 L-3 Switch (Downstream A or Primary), BGP running between Parent Node & Downstream A Switch.

Proposed, I Have to place one more Cisco 4507 Switch (i.e Downstream B or Secondary) connecting to Parent node with BGP & create a setup where In case of Primary switch failure or respective WAN Links failure. All traffic should be shifted on Secondary Cisco 4507 Switch towards Parent node.

Kindly give your ideas how we can create the same.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: