cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tried installing Ciscoworks Common Services 3.0 .. didn't start?

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I started out with installing Common Services 3.0 on a Win2003 standard box that's patched w/ sp1. The version of the software I have is a package update, Prod CWLMS-2.5-SR-K9. I installed CS 3.0 and the december update. So far, I have been unable to access the web interface of Ciscoworks and, if I try to run pdshow, it hangs.

Off to a bad start here .. any help in which direction to go would be appreciated.

9 Replies 9

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What's the cpu utilization on the server like?

How much memory do you have installed?

CPU utilization is nill. 4 gigs of memory.

I just realized I installed Cworks with Terminal Services running. Is this something that needs to be disabled when installing Cworks or it needs to be turned off all the time when Cworks is installed on the machine?

Terminal Services needs to be disabled during installation. It can be enabled afterwards to access the server.

Thanks. I'll do a re-install and give it a try with it disabled.

Didn't work. I re-installed Ciscoworks Common Services 3.0 with Terminal Services disabled but the server still fails to start up. To be more specific, I am seeing the following error in the event log:

"The Ciscoworks Tomcat Servlet Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time."

Whenever I try to re-enable the servlet, the same error is produced.

Am I missing something else here? I disabled remote desktop and the terminal services.

If you look at the Windows Services, you should see CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine listed.

What is its Startup Type (Manual or Automatic)?

Also, what user were you logged in as when you performed the installation (local or domain)?

The startup type is manual.

I was logged in as Administator, assuming local. Basically did a fresh install of the OS, created the Administrator account, and did the install afterwards.

It all looks good. Not sure why this is happening. Log file analysis will be required by TAC.

I'll try posting to the forum in general to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Going to be a couple of weeks before the SAS contract is renewed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: