Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting IPSLA rtr

gopal_4476
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am in the process of configuring IPSAL to measure voice and applications. I have implementer rtr in 2950 switch in two diffrent locations. I am able to view the reports for all configured ports except SMTP port 25.

I am using cisco works Internet Performance Monitor to view the reports. Any one give me some inputs regarding this to sort out this issue.

Regards,

Gopal

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How is your IP SLA operation configured? What errors do you get trying to view the SMTP report?

Hi Clarke,

Find the configration below..

===========================================

rtr 4

type tcpConnect dest-ipaddr ****** dest-port 25 source-ipaddr ******* source-port 25 control disable

frequency 61

rtr schedule 4 life forever start-time now

===========================================

While debugging I got the below error ..

=============================================

Dec 4 16:19:55.822: RTR 10561: Starting An Echo Operation - IP RTR Probe MaxName source-ip=0.0.0.0(0) dest-ip=10.140.32.10(25)

Cannot connect to server

=============================================

In the rarget device I have configured "rtr responder".

Advice me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Gopal

Did you not use IPM to configure this operation? IPM can only view operations that it configures?

Additionally, you should not use source port 25 for SMTP operations. A client will [almost] never use this as the source port. The source port should be a ephemeral TCP port or at least one >= 1024.

Assuming that 10.140.32.10 is the SMTP server configured in your operation above, it may very well be that this device cannot reach that server.