Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access CiscoWorks web page

LMS 2.5 on Windows 2000 Server with SP4. We were having some difficulties with CiscoWorks and so rebooted the server. After that we have been unable to access the website at all - we get a "You don't have permission to access /login.html on this server" message. Examining permissions on the CSCOpx directory revealed that only the local Administrators group had any permissions on the directories and files; I gave the "everyone" group read and execute permissions and then restarted the CW2K services but we're still getting the error message. Can someone suggest what else we might try???

5 REPLIES

Re: Unable to access CiscoWorks web page

HI

Restart the web service as well as CW daemon and then try to login with admin user

Suhas

Silver

Hi Joseph,

there must be an group casusers. This group needs full access from CSCOpx directory down the tree!!

This group stores the casuser. This user is the default CiscoWorks User.

If this does not help, try to reset the casuser with the following command:

CW_InstallDir\setup\support\resetcasuser.exe

Best regards,

Frank

I am getting the same error. Only way I can get to it is doing a Remote Desktop to the server and launching it from there.

Red

Check if there are any firewalls or access lists between your server and client.

It could be that some of the ports are blocked.

Silver

Hi all,

another point may be the name resolution.

If DNS is not properly setup you get this error from the client but not from the Server console.

Try to setup the LMS Machine in the hosts file of the client computer.

Windows:\Windir\system32\drivers\etc\

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content