Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add devices LMS 3.0

new_networker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have added snmp ro community string to various Cisco devices in the network. And I have also setup Campus Manager -> Admin -> Device Discovery -> SNMP Settings.

Yet after running device discovery, I don't see any devices being added.

Please assist.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager Discovery relies on CDP to find new devices. Therefore, your Discovery seed devices must be SNMP-reachable, and those seed devices must have CDP neighbors which lead to the devices you wish to be discovered. Additionally, you must have the proper filter ranges defined under Campus Manager > Admin > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings.

Ok. I am going through it step by step.

Could you please tell me how can I start the data collection manually.

The seed device is unreachable. I have enabled snmp on the seed device i.e. Cat 6500 and that IP address is correct/reachable.

I have tried to generate report from via Discovery Report but it does not show any logs.

I don't understand what you're doing and what you're seeing. Are you saying Discovery is not running properly?

Data Collection can be started under Campus Manager > Home. Click the "Start Data Collection" link.

I have a Cisco 2621 router which is connected to the Cat 6500 switch. Cat 6500 is the seed device and 2621 is showing up on the cdp display of Cat 6500.

In Campus manager under device discovery option the device is getting detected but the status is unreachable. I have put in the snmp string correctly. Would you know why is status unreachable.

Thanks.

The 2821 is otherwise not reachable from the LMS server. For example, you have an ACL applied to the SNMP community string which doesn't allow the LMS server to poll the 2821, or there is no route the 2821's IP address from the LMS server.

Is there a way to see MAC addresses in a device discover report?

Please start a new thread for your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: