Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to build software repository

AECOMpete_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble building my software repository. I'm currently running LMS 3.0 with RME 4.1.0 below is the output of a job I ran for a single device. Any input is greatly appreciated.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to provide the whole job directory.

Hi Joe,

I've attached the work order for the job. Is that what you are referring to?

-Pete

No. There are a lot of other files in the 1097 job directory. I need to see all of them.

Sorry, where/how can I get the data you're looking for.

The job directory is under NMSROOT/files/rme/jobs/swim.

I assume by NSMRoot you mean the root directory of our lms installation. If so there is no NSMRoot/files/rme directory that exists. the only thing in files/ is an ipm directory.

If you're on Solaris, the directory is /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/swim.

Thanks Joe. I've attached the info.

This is telling me the devie is unable to copy the image to the TFTP server. For aecom-b1-sw, RME is trying to copy bootflash:cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA8.bin to tftp://129.98.1.85/rep_sw_9083916582808996013. Is this the correct IP address of your RME server? If you create a cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA8.bin file in the server's tftpboot directory, can you manually copy the image from the device to the server?

Yes that is the correct IP. I've created a cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA8.bin file in tftpboot. Can you explain what you mean by manually copy the image from the device?

If we're relying on TFTP as opposed to RCP or SCP there shouldn't be any switch/router configuration necessary correct?

Thanks

Okay, make sure the file has 0666 permissions, then from the switch, run:

copy bootflash:cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA8.bin tftp://129.98.1.85/cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA8.bin

You are correct that nothing additional needs to be configured on the switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco