cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to get one device data in Campus Manager/ vlan port assignemnt

vijay_sequeira
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to capture vlan port assignment data of a Cisco 6509 switch is Vlan port assignment . As per the device discovery details the device has been discovered successfully (also its neighbors). Is there anyway I can resolve this issue? also the device does not appear in topology services

My CW versions are given below

Ciscoworks Common Services 3.0.6

Campus Manager 4.0.11

Regards

Vijay Sequeira

16 Replies 16

DNS is the mechanism the resolves the IP address to hostname.

Yes the updated device name is present in DNS and the updated device name only resolves to the IP address.

All invalid old entries have been removed.

Regards

Vijay Sequeira

I'm not going to have a chance to dig into this further for the next week. However, this is what I'd try. When the switch is showing up in Campus, check the VTP domain view to make sure this switch is really showing up in that VTP domain. If the switch is in VTP transparent mode, its actual domain will be VTPDOMAIN_IP(T), so make sure you're searching the correct VTP domain.

I'd also try a looser search. For example, perform a search for the following:

VTP Domain : All

Device Name is DCA301S4-SHARED

When this device is showing up in CM, I see no reason why this search pattern wouldn't find it.

As for troubleshooting why the switch is disappearing, you can enable core and corex Data Collection debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, run a new Data Collection, and get the ani.log. Then open a TAC services request to see what is going on.