cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get running config with TFTP

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.6 with current patches. I am unable to retrieve archive with tftp, both ro/rw snmp strings are correct and verified. Device type is Cat2960-48TC. Any ideas why this would be failing? thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you getting a specific error message in the logs?

Does a manual tftp work to/from the device and server? Any ports blocked or fw in between?

What is the OS? What are the permissions on tftpboot directory?

I am using sync archive function to capture archive, here is the error message:

"CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for MS06Z07B6 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xx.xx.xx.xx- Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. TFTP: Failed to fetch config using TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for 'switchname' Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xx.xx.xx.xx- Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required."

I do not have a tftp server set up to test manual tftp, all functions performed through LMS 2.6 GUI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: