cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get running config with TFTP

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.6 with current patches. I am unable to retrieve archive with tftp, both ro/rw snmp strings are correct and verified. Device type is Cat2960-48TC. Any ideas why this would be failing? thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you getting a specific error message in the logs?

Does a manual tftp work to/from the device and server? Any ports blocked or fw in between?

What is the OS? What are the permissions on tftpboot directory?

I am using sync archive function to capture archive, here is the error message:

"CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for MS06Z07B6 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xx.xx.xx.xx- Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. TFTP: Failed to fetch config using TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for 'switchname' Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xx.xx.xx.xx- Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required."

I do not have a tftp server set up to test manual tftp, all functions performed through LMS 2.6 GUI.