Hi,

I'm trying to validate the rme db and it's failing:

The command I am using is:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/objects/db/conf/configureDb.pl
action=validate dsn=rmeng

Error thrown is:

ERROR: [GetDbVars] getManifestFiles for rmeng failed
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/opt/CSCOpx/lib/perl/install/InstallUtility.pm line 1171.
ERROR: [StandardDbPrepare] Cannot get Db root for dsn=rmeng
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
/opt/CSCOpx/lib/perl/db/Cisco/DbUtils.pm line 2396.
SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.3830
SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 10.0.1.3830
SQL error (-100) -- Database server not found
SQL error (-100) -- Database server not found
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
/opt/CSCOpx/lib/perl/db/Cisco/DbUtils.pm line 2403.
ERROR: [StandardDbUpgrade] Validation of rmeng database failed

Cheers,

Sigfrid

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your installation is corrupt.  You have damaged the contents of the NMSROOT/backup directory.  This internal directory is critical to the operation of LMS, and users must never touch it.  At this point, you will either need to restore the contents of this directory from a third party file system backup, reinstall all of LMS, or restore the contents of this directory from another, identical LMS server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your installation is corrupt.  You have damaged the contents of the NMSROOT/backup directory.  This internal directory is critical to the operation of LMS, and users must never touch it.  At this point, you will either need to restore the contents of this directory from a third party file system backup, reinstall all of LMS, or restore the contents of this directory from another, identical LMS server.

Thanks Joe,

That's really bad news though given the TAC asked me to remove some files from the /opt/CSCOpx/backup/manifest directory.

So after reinstallation of LMS 3.2 will I be able to restore the databases from our weekly db backups?

No one in TAC should have told you to delete files from the manifest directory.  If you install LMS 3.2 from scratch, then restore a known-good LMS backup, you should be fine.

Ended up doing a complete reinstall of LMS and associated upgrades and patches.

I was unable to do a restore of any of our backed up RME databases as it failed, so started with a new RME db.

All seems good so far.

I have learnt a valuable lesson from this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: