Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to view 2800 series router in Ciscoview

neil_titchener
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In the last year I've worked for two companies, each running Ciscoworks LMS2.6 and in each company I've experienced the same problem. When trying to view a 2800 series router in ciscoview the message below appears.

Can't find applicable device package for x.x.x.253.

Am I right in thinking that cisco have not provided a device package for this router. If anyone knows if there is a device package for this router I'd be greatful if you'd let me know.

Thanks

Neil

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a device package for 2800 series routers. The package is called Rtr2800. Of course, without knowing the exact sysObjectID of this router, I cannot say if the device is supported by the current package.

You can find CiscoView packages by going to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update and performing a download and installation of new packages directly from Cisco.com. Alternatively, you can go to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi and find packages that way.

Thanks for that. I've tried many times to do a device update but it's never downloaded the 2800 router package for ciscoview. I've manually downloaded it and will install it once back from xmas holidays.

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: