Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unconnected Devices in CM Topo Services

Can anyone tell me why I might see a device as unconnected in Topology Services > Network Views > Unconnected Devices. I know CDP has to be enabled, the devices are reachable, and has neighbors. Is there any other critera that has to be met? Everything was working fine prior to CM4.0.4. TIA!

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unconnected Devices in CM Topo Services

Are the devices also showing as unknown? Do they have snmp configured and are they snmp reachable?

Campus will read the CDP tables via SNMP to show the connections

No, they're definely known. This was working prior to 4.0.4 CM patch. A mib walk shows the CDP cache knowns about it: CISCO-CDP-MIB::cdpCacheDeviceId.51.17 = STRING: TMC_SFM1.tmcaz.com <= This is one of the devices showing as unknown

Sorry, unconnected, not unknown.

Cisco Employee

have you tried deleting the unconnected device and rediscovering it?

No, because I have been told in the past that you can't do this. Maybe they misunderstood my question I don't know. Please let me know how I can do this. TIA!

Silver

It's not only the device itself that has to be SNMP readable and have CDP running.

It's also the neigbours that need to "confirm" via SNMP and CDP the connections to a device.

This means it has to show up in their neighbour table and the interfaces on both end need to make sence, e.g. not a serial on one side and a fastether on the other.

This type of problem can also come from the use of the same hostname. It then means that Campus has neighbour info from another device making the topology incoherent.

Delete the device and maybe brining it back with a different hostname may resolve this.

Cheers,

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content