Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding the port / interface numbering in DFM

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Can anyone tell me how do i understand the port / interface numbering used by DFM?

Today, i generated the all device manage / unmanage status using the getStateIntPort.bat utility under

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\utils folder and it generated ports

like 1/80 and 1/84. But my module 1 on the switch has only 48 ports.

So, i am not sure how does it calculate these numbers. Here's an example of the output from expInterface and expPort.log:

I have highlighted the ports i dont understand in bold:

PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.acc.04/10602 MANAGED_STATE:EXPLICITLY_MANAGED
PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.acc.01/2.38 MANAGED_STATE:UNMANAGED
PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.acc.01/1.41 MANAGED_STATE:UNMANAGED

PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.ips.01/10125 MANAGED_STATE:UNMANAGED
PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.acc.02/3.26 MANAGED_STATE:UNMANAGED
PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.acc.01/2.46 MANAGED_STATE:UNMANAGED
PORT:PORT-Meeza_HP_EMS_BladeEnc2_SW1/1.13 MANAGED_STATE:UNMANAGED
PORT:PORT-t3a.sw.acc.04/10511 MANAGED_STATE:EXPLICITLY_UNMANAGED

INTERFACE:IF-t3a.edge.wan.01/87 MANAGED_STATE:MANAGED

Thanks a lot

Gautam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are the ifIndex values for the ports.  If you walk the ifTable, you should see ifIndex values corresponding to the same numbers you see in DFM.  You can also use the DFM Detailed Device View (DFM > Device Management > Device Details) to map DFM interface names to actual interface names on the device.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are the ifIndex values for the ports.  If you walk the ifTable, you should see ifIndex values corresponding to the same numbers you see in DFM.  You can also use the DFM Detailed Device View (DFM > Device Management > Device Details) to map DFM interface names to actual interface names on the device.

Thanks a lot Jason for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: