I recently installed LMS 3.2 (and the latest updates for CM, RME and HUM) and am experiencing some really strange behaviour in Campus Manager.
After running a data acquisition job, the campus manager portal lists 41 devices (as expected), and I see a number of Best Practice Deviations, etc.
When I click on the Best Practice Deviations, it generates the details in the report as expected, however, when I click on the number of devices (the hyperlink in the main CM portal page) I get the message below:
No devices managed in Campus Manager. Run Data Collection and launch again.
I imported the list of devices from our ACS database into DCR successfully and verified all the connectivity through RME (I'm getting good config backups so I know the DCR objects and credentials are correct), and the deviations and discrepancies reports work properly, however, I'm a little confused as to what I missed in terms of telling CM WHICH devices to manage?
In the device selection, I have it set to Auto Mode, and have selected "All Devices".
However when I go to the "Include Devices" section, all of the groups are empty. Even if I click on "All Devices" the number of selected devices shown is always zero. (ie: it's like CM doesn't see ANY devices in the DCR)
But really strange is when I go to the "Excluded Devices" and click on "All Devices", it shows the 41 devices in the selected list??
I thought I'd pose the question here before getting TAC involved, thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!
Ok Joe, a fresh install on a Wins2K3 server netted me the exact same result.
ANI logs are attached.
Here's the steps I followed for the install:
1. Install OS and apply all Windows updates.
2. Install LMS and reboot as required.
3. Install Campus Manager 5.2.1 Update
4. Install RME 4.3.1 Update
5. Install HUM 1.2.1 Update
6. Install CSCta13528-1.0 patch for CiscoView
7. Reboot server
8. Log into LMS Portal as admin, run Server Setup through Workflows
8.1 Create new system identity (to be used for ACS integration later)
8.2. Setup Device Credential Sets / Policies
8.3. Import devices from Remote NMS (ACS)
8.4 Allocate device to CM, RME, DFM, IPM
8.5 Skip ACS Mode Change (Planned on doing this later)
8.5 Finish Server Setup
9. Access DCR from Common Services and delete 2 device entries (there are 2 devices in ACS DB that have AAA entries for both RADIUS and TACACS, "SEC-AP-G_RADIUS / "SEC-AP-G_TACACS" so I delete the RADIUS objects from DCR)
10. Rename 2 devices in DCR (delete the "_TACACS" from the display name)
11. Access Campus Manager, try to run Data Collection, task starts/stops immediately (maybe a second or two)
12. Click on the "5 Devices" in the result column and get the message that there are no devices managed by Campus Manager.
Logs are attached, please feel free to comment if my steps above are incorrect.
The only problem I'm having is trying to put in a TAC request. The vendor we purchased LMS through has not yet registered the S/N for the software bundle under any of our existing contracts. Without a S/N, I can't even log the ticket, is there any other mechanism for obtaining the CSC patch noted?
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...