Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Uninstallation Procedure for LMS

I would like to uninstall LMS and install fresh now that I have had a little more experience with the setup.

Is a simple uninstall via Add/Remove Programs sufficient? Or is there a known cleansweep procedure I can follow? Or maybe I just bite the bit and...gulp...format the drive for the best results? Any advice? :)

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Uninstallation Procedure for LMS

Usually, yes. Sometimes, if the installation was originally bad, a typically uninstall will not work. In that case, there is a utility called clean_system.exe available from TAC which will purge LMS from a server.

2 REPLIES

Ok so I found the procedure outlined in this document. Is this usually sufficient?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/lmsig.pdf

Cisco Employee

Usually, yes. Sometimes, if the installation was originally bad, a typically uninstall will not work. In that case, there is a utility called clean_system.exe available from TAC which will purge LMS from a server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content