cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Devices are not showing in Topology Service after LMS2.5 upgrade

jalramahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I can't see "Unknown Devices" in Topology Services after I upgraded from LMS2.2 to LMS 2.5 !!!. I still have those devices in "Devices Management Database" but they are not showing in Topology Services.

Is this a new feature or its configuration issue?...or maybe a bug?

8 Replies 8

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Do these devices support CDP? If so, check the Unconnected Devices View.

Thanks for your reply, Anyways, those are non-cisco devices. I know that Ciscoworks supports only cisco devices but atleast on LMS2.2 I was able to see the status of these devices in Topology services (status=green if available, red if not responding)

Do these non-cisco devices support CDP?

no they don't but I have other devices (like servers) which don;t support CDP and they are showing on Topology Services. So the problem is not CDP, the problem is that the new topology services in LMS2.5 only shows Devices which are "supported" , other none supported devices are not shown.

Very interesting. Topology Services relies exclusively on SNMP polling of the CDP tables to discover devices in the network. Not sure how it would find devices that do not support CDP. Servers are supposed to go into User Tracking.

In LMS 2.2 I was able to see non supported devices by puting there IPs (one by one) on the "seed list"

I'm assuming you put them in the seed list in LMS 2.5 as well and ran a device discovery?

The unsupported devices are already discovered and I can see them in CM database, the problem is that I can't see them in "Topology Services".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: