cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unknown devices is CW LMS 3.0

arun
Level 1
Level 1

some device appears as "Unknown device" in DCR. When i look in Common services, i got a question mark icon next to the device.

Moreover, RME is not able to fetch the config. i cannot find the solution for this. thanks in advance.....

24 Replies 24

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of devices are these? What version of RME do you have? Are these devices SNMP reachable from the LMS server using the credentials configured in DCR?

Hi thanks for your prompt response.

RME Version: 4.1.0

Yes, they are snmp reachable from server. I am having issues with these types of devices

WS-C4506-E

CISCO2821

CISCO3845-HSC/K9

I checked regards to ios version, device types but found no issues with that….

At least the 2821 should be supported in RME 4.1. However, to be sure ,please post the sysObjectIDs from these devices.

Definitely for 4506-E support you will need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1, and update your RME device packages. LMS 3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 . Then you can update to the latest Common Services MDF and RME devices packages from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

But i dont have issue with all the 4506-E switches , having issue with only few switches(8 to 10 out of 40).Thats why i am wondering. please clarify on this.

What are the sysObjectIDs from these devices. It will be much easier to determine accurate device support if you post those.

These are the OID values...

wsc4506E 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.59

CISCO3845-HSC/K9 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.544

CISCO2811 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.576

Ah, the 4506 is running CatOS. That explains it. All of these devices are supported in LMS 3.0. they just need to be SNMP reachable.

Go to RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, and enable DEBUG for ICServer. Delete one of the problem devices from DCR, then re-add it. Make sure RME manages the device. After about five minutes, collect and post the IC_Server.log.

oops, i wrongly mentioned the 4506 oid. the correct one is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.502. Really sorry for that.

Yes, this device is also supported. Please follow the instructions in my previous post to gather the troubleshooting data.

Ok, i will do that. will attach the log shortly.........

Job Results shows "device not supported" when i run Device Credential Verification(SNMP Read, Write and telnet) job for those devices... But configuration side everything is perfect.....

I wanted you to run an inventory collection job, and post the IC_Server.log. Until the device is managed by an application, it will be an unknown device, and thus not supported for credential verification.

i have access to ciscoworks application. but i do not have the access to ciscoworks server. is there any way to capture the icsever log from application?

No. This must be obtained from the server's file system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: