Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unsupported device (ASA5500)

I seem to be unable to archive configs for ASA5500 devices using RME 4.0.4. These are not listed in the supported device list. The error returned is "CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 390 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation".

Okay, the device package doesn't exist. Without the device package, is there any way to give RME enough info to allow it to archive configs? This works for Pix v6 devices using SSH - it shouldn't be that much of a stretch to get it to work with an ASA runnin v7.

Anyone have any idea how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unsupported device (ASA5500)

This is not possible. A device package is required to do any kind of config management.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

RME will not be able to fully manage any unknown device. You will only be able to get basic mibII inventory information until a device package is released.

Thanks Joe. I understand that I won't be able to "fully" manage the device, just wondered if I could poke some value into whatever database RME stores device information that tells it to use SSH as a config transport. I have a similar issue with the MRP and SSP cards in an ICS7750. These are just IOS devices and RME should be able to archive configurations using standard IOS methods, but doesn't because it has no information on how to do it. I don't expect to be seeing a device package for the discontinued ICS series any time soon.

Cisco Employee

This is not possible. A device package is required to do any kind of config management.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content