Views
Helpful
Replies

UP-link, cpu use reports and Polling times

laloville
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

1.-Do you have the polling and collecting times for each view in LMS3.1?
RME=?
CM=?
DFM=?
Because when I get a report with some modification like interface administratively DOWN or changing different MAC address in a port switch, this report doesn't show the change inmediately.
I think that this is not usefull to troubleshooting,please, What is your recomendation?
Because I needed seek a MAC address that jumps in differents ports into a switch in real time.

2.-Could you please helpme How to get an UP-link report. I need statistics like behavior of UP-links.

3.-I don't find how to obtain a CPU used report of my routers and switches, Can you help me?

DATA:
LMS3.1
Windows2003

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The operationally down events in DFM are discovered via periodic polling.  By default, DFM polls every four minutes.  This would explain the time discrepancy you are seeing.  If you need to track MAC address changes in real-time, consider enabling dynamic User Tracking in Campus Manager. See http://SERVER/help/CMcore/CmHelp/ut_UstndingDynamicUpdate.html#wp1434393 (the context sensitive online help) for more details on what dynamic UT is, and how to enable it on your switches.

As for getting a report on CPU usage, you will need to install the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on to LMS.  It ships with LMS 3.1, but you need to purchase a separate license for it.  Out of the box, it comes with a 90-day evaluation license so you can see if it will meet your needs.