Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Updated configuration on Cisco Prime 4.2

Hi,

I just want to ask what are the dependencies for having an updated Configuration Management. Do I have to click "Sync Archive" everytime? What I'm trying to do is have the Cisco Prime be upto pace with the current configuration of the devices. For example. I configured the device at 1:00PM, what time will I get to see the updated configuration in Cisco Prime?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

Afroz again

Just make sure  Config Fetch  in the below location is ENABLED.

Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Syslog Automated Actions

This will automatically Fecth the Configuration as and when there is a change in the config.  this works on SYSLOGS , so you need to make sure the devices are sending the syslogs to the LMS server.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Do you have an estimated time on when Cisco Prime may already have  a copy of the actual devices' configuratuon? Is this dependent on the Device Credentials?

Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

for the very first time , you add a device in LMS . LMS will automatically get the device config

after that you can sechduled the Jobs to get the device config ( SYNC ARCHIVE  jobs) as and when the sync achive job will run ,it will copy the device config and stored it under : NMSROOT/CSCOPx/files/rme/dcma/shadow

there is system defined  sync archive job also available :

(Admin > Collection Settings > Config > Config Collection Settings)

Device credentials need to be correct to get device config via LMS.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Is there a way that I can automatically archive it without scheduling it? What if I configure the device at 1:00PM and configure if again at 1:30PM, will it fall under just one archive?

Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

There will be 2 copies of the running config.

to get the config:

make sure  Config Fetch  in the below location is ENABLED.

Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Syslog Automated Actions

This  will automatically Fecth the Configuration as and when there is a  change in the config.  this works on SYSLOGS , so you need to make sure  the devices are sending the syslogs to the LMS server.

Note: from the GUI also you can look at all the config stores for a particular device [

Configuration > Configuration Archive > Views > Version Tree]

Thanks-

Afroz

Views
Helpful
Replies