cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgradding Prime Infrastructure version 1.2 and LMS 4.x to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0

fender100
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A customer currently have 2,500 Cisco Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle device license using Prime Infrastructure version 1.2 and LMS 4.x. the customer wants to upgrade to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to version 2.0 without additional cost? the licenses from

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 has to be upgraded or we need only to rehost the VUDI.

Also could be possible to upgrade LMS 4.x to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0?

thanks!

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on whether they have SASU support contract with their existing installation. If they do, then they are entitled to upgrade without additional cost. Otherwise they will have to buy the upgrade SKUs.

The LMS 4.x to PI 2.0 bit is a bigger question in that they will lose functionality if they do that as of right now. I would wait on that, even given licensing entitlement, as they are replacing a mature product with one that's a major release (x.0) with several features they may be used to in LMS 4.x still missing.

What features of LMS are not present in Prime Infrastructure 2.0 and targeted on future release ?

Topology map, compliance feature , what else ?

I checked release notes for 2.0 and it seems to me that this realese is still minor.  A lot of resolved caveats and We are still going to upgrade, but I'm sceptic about getting rid of LMS, unfortunately

The two features you mention are two big missing ones. Another is full syslog capability. I don't believe CiscoView or day one support via package updates is included either.

Another is less tangible - the depth of experience and documentation available for LMS vs. Prime Infrastructure (particularly the wired management features). I agree for wireless PI 2.0 looks good. Some new features are coming for wired that look promising but they are new as of PI 2.0 so I'm taking a wait and see on them.

I hope to get 2.0 up in my lab in the next week or so and will hope to be pleasantly surprised but that's seldom the case with a major new release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco