Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CNR from 7.0.1 to 7.2.2

Hello, i'm going to upgrade my CNR (installed in a solaris) from 7.0.1 to 7.2.2, I'm using a valid license for 50K nodes, the upgrade procedure asks for introducing the path for the license file. I'd like to have all the steps crear before starting the procedure. Now my questions:

Is it necessary to have the path during the upgrade, or it will take the working license?

If so, how can i find the path?

Is it possible to make some kind of backup to help with a downgrade, if the upgrade goes wrong?

regards!

3 Replies 3

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

The installation guide is documented with all the steps needed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/network_registrar/7.2/installation/guide/IGinstup.html#wp1220197

You can add the licenses after the installation is done or during the installation. If you done during installation, you will need the path for the license file.

A backup is done if you elect to do it during the upgrade process. You can backup the data directory from /var/nwreg2/local/data location using tar and gzip.  Here is the users guide on how to a backup in CNR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/network_registrar/7.2/user/guide/UG08_Bac.html#wp1038446

Hello, thanks for your help. I read the guide before opening this discussion, but Step 6 in the upgrade for solaris procedure asks for the path to find the license, Althought I have a valid license I do not know the path to find it.

regards!

Normally the file is located under "CNR_ROOT/local/conf" directory and the file is called "product.licenses". Note that CNR_ROOT is the installation location of CNR such /opt/nwreg2 or C:\Program Files\Network Registrar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: