Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from LMS 2.2 to 2.5 then 2.5.1

Hi,

I have CiscoWorks implemented under windows. Due to some small problems I have been recommended by the TAC to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.5 then 2.5.1.

Specifically, I cannot print anything on clients that run Windows XP Pro SP2.

Anyway can you guys who have performed this upgrade offer and hints or insight into any gotchas please.

I will probably have to perform the upgrade on the box that is currently running LMS rather than a separate box.

I will then import the data back in or may even just rediscover (not that many devices)

Does this upgrade work out of the box ?

If have seen a few people on here complaining about the upgrade and I'm kinda worried now.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Red

Re: Upgrade from LMS 2.2 to 2.5 then 2.5.1

If you are not too concerned about the information that is already in your databases, then your safest bet is to un-install LMS 2.2 completely and install LMS 2.5 from scratch.

Even though the LMS 2.5 CDs that you have may say for upgrade only, you can still use them to install from scratch.

Just remember 2.5 is NOT an upgrade it is a whole new product; so with that being said, get ready to learn how to use and navigate a whole new product and be ready to install new patchs on a weekly basis. To sum it up if your bored and don't have anything else to do for the next 3 months, hey go for it.

I would agree with dagyb. LMS 2.5.1 has so many bugs that it's really only something that I would recommend if you have a alot of spare time on your hands. I've had a TAC open for 3 weeks regarding Campus manager and even Cisco seem lost.

I noticed that Cisco will be announcing EOL for LMS 2.2. I recommended to my boss that we upgrade to 2.5

:-(

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_eol_notice0900aecd802136a2.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content