Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from LMS 4.2 to 4.2.2

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys,

I already installed LMS 4.2 and added the licenses inside it and I decided later to upgrade it into 4.22..and I have the iso file ..

Can I install LMS 4.2.2 from cratch and move my licenses to it?

Or I have to make upgrade procedure? 

thanks for eveyone

MK Saeed 

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrade from 4.2 to 4.2.2 is simple and best done inline (on the same host).

If you decide to change hosts and rebuild on a new one then you will have to rehost your licenses (open a TAC case) as they are tied to the host's UDI or vUDI ((virtual)Universal Device Identifier - a unique value for each host)

Hi Marvin,

Could you guide me to good steps for upgrading through inline.

Thanks

Unless you have some specific reason for needing only 4.2.2, you should upgrade directly to the most recent release - 4.2.5.

Instructions for doing so are in the release notes here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2-5/release/notes/lms4_2_5_release_notes.html#pgfId-1278486

If you navigate up one level in the documentation tree you can find similar notes for the other releases.

Once you have successfully upgraded you should also install all the current available device packages. The procedure for this is in the Admin Guide as linked below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/admin/admin/swcenter.html#pgfId-1096893

Do my licenses will work with 4.2.5?

Thanks

Your licenses will remain in effect and valid as long as you keep your LMS on the same host.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco