cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade LMS 2.5.1 problem - processes do not start

cowana
Level 1
Level 1

Initially I tried an upgrade from LMS2.2 to LMS2.5.1 with data migration. The install appeared to go well. After the install the processes would not start. I tried various things like manually starting the processes, initializing the database and eventually a complete blank install (not upgrade) but the problem is still there. I am using Solaris 8.

Logfile is /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/daemons.log

log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [localhost]. We will try again later.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:350)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:137)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:124)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:268)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:122)

at org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender.connect(SocketAppender.java:301)

at org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender.activateOptions(SocketAppender.java:255)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:247)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:123)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:87)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:637)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:595)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:522)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:412)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:309)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyWatchdog.doOnChange(PropertyConfigurator.java:665)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.FileWatchdog.checkAndConfigure(FileWatchdog.java:80)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.FileWatchdog.<init>(FileWatchdog.java:49)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyWatchdog.<init>(PropertyConfigurator.java:657)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(PropertyConfigurator.java:373)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(PropertyConfigurator.java:355)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.LogService.ItemLog.loadMyLogConf(ItemLog.java:142)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.LogService.ItemLog.<init>(ItemLog.java:85)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.LogService.ItemLog.getInstance(ItemLog.java:202)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.pm.server.PMServer.<clinit>(PMServer.java:58)

11/Aug/2006 16:56:31:195 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "TIS-1.0" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:56:31:224 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "TIS-1.0" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:56:31:479 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:56:31:485 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:56:31:485 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

Then the following error repeats itself:

In EPMOgsAdapter:since isOGSup is not true

In EPMOgsAdapter:EPMOgsadapter is sleeping. Waiting for OGSServer to come up com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMExc

eption: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:59:20:454 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:59:20:454 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

11/Aug/2006 16:59:20:455 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Cowana

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/md.properties for the entries:

PX_HOST = hostname

PX_FQDN = hostname

Is the hostname here correct? Is it the one that Solaris shows for the machine?

Also, try this:

Please try recreating the self-signed certificate from the GUI and then restart the

daemons.

You can do this by going to Server > Security > Single-Server Management >

Certificate Setup and choose "Apply". Once this is corrected, DCR would startup without

this error. Remember to restart the daemons.

Yes, the entries in this file are correct. Both are the hostname and the same that Solaris reports. Unfortunately I cannot get to the gui via web as as there right daemons have not started. Although I can start Apache manually, I cannot even get as far as the login screen. Could it also be related to authentication and rights? In the /var/log/authlog I see a whole bunch of auth.errors by user casuser.

I'm stumped ;-(

Maybe it's too late for you, but I have to say that davistan's answer has been extremely useful for me, because we had exactly the same problem last week, and we could solve it following his/her directions about "Certificate Setup".

I could start CW2K GUI after about two hours after "dmgtd start". I could see that DCRServer process was the process that didn't worked well until setting up the certificate, and this avoids CW2K starting up in a reasonable time, but with a little bit of patience it begins working, except obviously the functionalities related to this process (DCA).

I hope this can help anyone else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: