cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade LMS2.3 to 2.5.1 on Windows platform

chrisgillies
Level 1
Level 1

I currently use LMS 2.3, however want to upgrade to 2.5.1 My support contract entitles me to the upgrade cd set to 2.5.1 but I want to build a totally new server, put 2.5.1 on it and migrate the data from the old 2.3 server to the 2.5.1 server. So my questions are:

1) Can I do a clean install using the 2.5.1 upgrade cd's, without having to install 2.3 first?

2) Is the migration routine the same for 2.3 as it is for 2.2, as I've been unable to find anything on Cisco relating to 2.3?

3) Are there any known issues with upgrading/migrating from 2.2/2.3 to 2.5.1?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Cisco did not release an LMS version 2.3

The only 2.3 I am aware of is VMS

And you cannot migrate data from VMS 2.3 to LMS 2.5.1

Ok then, I'm using LMS 2.2, slight typo on my part. The original questions still apply.

Thanks

Alright, the steps to follow would be listed in the Installation Guide of RME 4.0.3 (see Remote Migration From RME 3.4.x and RME 3.5.x at the URL below)

Basically you will have to back up your current CiscoWorks (from within the GUI) and then use restorebackup.pl to migrate the data to the new version.

If on Solaris:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_4_x/4_0_3/install/sol/upgmig.htm

If on Windows:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_4_x/4_0_3/install/win/upgmig.htm

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I use the "upgrade" cd's that I've ordered through the Product Upgrade Tool using my SmartNet contract number as full installation disks, or will I need to install 2.2 first then upgrade it?

Thanks

You may go directly to the "upgrade" cd's.

Even though they say they require an older version first, they will load properly from scratch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: