Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to LMS 2.5

pcuervo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm upgrading from LMS 2.2 to 2.5, reusing the current server for some of the applications and setting up a standalone new one for Campus Manager with solaris 9. Despite I just purchased an upgrade license, the CDs include not just the upgrade but the whole package. What I want to know is whether installing any of this application CDs in the production server (ie Common Services) will only do the upgrade or it will force to a fresh installation.

One more question. After successfully installing Common Services 3.0 in the new server I have come accross in the Data Migration Guidelines the recommendation to run the script check_pkg_errors.sh before installing CS 3.0. Is this due only for systems already running LMS 2.2 or also for fresh installs? I skipped this step.

1 Reply 1

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use these cd's to upgrade the currently installed LMS 2.2 or you can install fresh. The license is what determines how the product will work afterwards. If you install clean then you will need to run the validateupgrade command to validate your license from an LMS 2.2 server or one of the LMS 2.2 cd's.

Keep in mind, that you can only install the applications based on you license. So, you could install CM as a standalone machine, but you will not be able to install it again anywhere if you only have a license for one server.