cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade to LMS 4.2.5 - dmgtd.ext being used by another process

mssnider
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading from LMS 4.2.4 to LMS 4.2.5 on a Window's system.

The upgrade wizard starts and the prerequisites are met. It errors out with the following message;

"These files are currently being used by another running process. You must stop all processes listed below to proceed successfully with this installation.

D:\CSCOpx\bin\dmgtd.exe"

The processes have stopped though. I ran the command "net stop crmdmgtd" and it returned "The Cisco Prime Daemon Manager service is not started."

So, does anyone know how to get the dmgtd.exe stopped so that I can proceed with the upgrade?

Thanks,

Mike S.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can suggest to go to services.msc and turn Ciscoworks Daemon manager to manual state and reboot machine.

It will stop any LMS related process invocation and than you can try to run the upgrade.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

After shutdown the LMS services (net stop crmdmgtd)

then Open the "task Manager" > Click on "Processes" and look for dmgtd.exe or dbsrv10.exe , sm_server or any other LMS services running  , I am sure there should be one . Kill it Manually from the Task Manager and run the installation again.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

I stopped the services and re-ran the installation executable. I received the same error stating that dmgtd.exe is being used by another process.

I opened the Task Manager, clicked on Processes and do not see anything running related to LMS (see attachment).

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Mike S.

I can suggest to go to services.msc and turn Ciscoworks Daemon manager to manual state and reboot machine.

It will stop any LMS related process invocation and than you can try to run the upgrade.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

mssnider
Level 1
Level 1

That did the trick. The upgrade ran successfully!

I've since put the Ciscoworks LMS Daemon Mgr back to an automatic state.

Thanks for the help,

Mike S.