cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 6500s running SXF in LMS 3.2 - NoCandidate

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Running into an issue in LMS 3.2 > RME > Software Mgmt. I'm trying to upgrade 6500s running some flavor of SXF to SXI2 using the distribute by device option. When I go to view recommendation, it comes up with NoCandidate for the image option.

Anyone else having this type of issue? Strangely, if I choose to distribute by image, SXI2 is provided as an option.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a bug of mine. What type of supervisors are in these switches?

Supervisor Engine 32 8GE

WS-SUP32-GE-3B

No, it's not my bug. Is the SXI image in your local repository already? Try checking the Cisco.com box under RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences to see if the Cisco.com recommendation finds an image for you.

The SXI image was in the local repository already, downloaded from Cisco. I did download it before I had the Cisco.com preference checked so I tried downloading it again, but I'm still getting the same problem.

It sounds like you're seeing a new problem. I recommend you open a TAC service request so more troubleshooting and debugging can be done.

Thanks. Got a TAC case open.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco