cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent -- LMS 3.1 discovery

pradip.saha
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 3.1 on win 2003 R2 standard edition with sp2. It is working in AAA mode. When I am trying to go to CS-> device & credential, next page is not opening ... As a result i am not able to run discovery.

Why it is happening and from where I can get log related to such problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Devices will appear unreachable to discovery if the SNMP credentials you configured in Discovery are wrong. Double-check that you have entered the correct SNMP credentials for those unreachable devices.

Yes, you need to start a new thread for IPM.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error do you get trying to launch Device Discovery?

after clicking on device discovery within device & credential option, discovery summary page is not comming. I waiting for an hour or more. then it is giving page cannot be displayed. so, i am not able to provide seed info and start discovery.

Post the output of the pdshow command.

here is the output of pdshow command

Post screenshots of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

attached is the req snaps. is there any issue with IIS & Kiwi syslog software.

You've set all of the CiscoWorks services to be Automatic. This is wrong, and will break LMS. You need to set the following services back to Manual start, then reboot:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

CiscoWorks Web Server

CWAWFEngine database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

IPM NG database engine

You also need to disable Kiwi as it is interfering with the syslog daemon that is included with LMS.

Made specified services as manual start. Disabled Kiwi. Restarted daemon manager. Also rebooted the server. But the problem persists.

Post the new pdshow output, the CSDiscovery.log, and the list of contents under NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery.

Posting the req files.

Delete the NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj file, then try and launch the Discovery configuration page.

gr8.. Yes clarke.. I am able to get into the discovery config page and start discovery.

But after the discovery is complete, in summary page it is showing all the discovered devices as unreachable. Whereas I am able to ping all those discovered devices from server CLI. I want to know why this is happening. Also I am not able to get IPM reports. I dont have HUM. What are the reports can I get at max. Do I need to open another discussion for this or can we continue.

Actually I am taking control of the server via remote connection (RDP). hence I am late to reply. Currently I am not getting remote connectivity. I will be back soon.

Devices will appear unreachable to discovery if the SNMP credentials you configured in Discovery are wrong. Double-check that you have entered the correct SNMP credentials for those unreachable devices.

Yes, you need to start a new thread for IPM.

Thanx a lot ....... received the devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco