I have RME 4.0.6 with LMS 2.6. I'm creating User Defined Groups through RME so that I can push password changes through NetConfig. The problem is, as I change membership in the groups I'm not seeing that reflected in NetConfig. For example, I can create a test group and populate it once and the password changes work fine. But when I change the membership of that group, NetConfig will now not show all of the members of the group *and* those devices are no longer shown in the All Devices list. Yet when I go back to edit the group through CS, I can see all of the members. I've tried refreshing the group membership through RME but that doesn't help.
Is there some other synchronization I need to do? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Sorry for all the questions but are you using the automanage function of RME so that all DCR addtions/modifcations/deletions are syncronized with RME or are you using an application specific inventory ?
Could you post an example of your grouping rules ?
No problem on the questions. I should have mentioned earlier that I'm using the "Only Upon User Request" Membership Update option. When I create my group, then, I just skip past the create rules step. This is why I've tried selecting my group and refreshing the group membership in the Group Administration window. It probably shouldn't make a difference since I'm manually adding entries, but it was worth a try.
I'm aiming to create a test group, manually select objects, run a NetConfig task, then run another test by adding or taking away members in that same group. Failing that, I'd like to create a few groups, one with a few objects, one with those few and some more, etc.
Since I've run into the issue, I've tried creating a new test group with a different name and then populating it instead of reusing the original group. I can see all of my devices when creating the group, but when I try to run NetConfig on it, it will only run on about 2/3rds of the items. When I check the membership after the push, the membership has now changed to that reduced number of items (although the UDG looked at through CS shows more items in the same group). The password change does succeed, but only for the spontaneously changed group, the one with fewer items.
BTW, after the group is created, it shows my rule as:
It's a puzzle alright. Frankly, right now I'm going to start manually doing the changes. I'd be happy to use NetConfig if it were reliable, though.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...