cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Acquisition (End Hosts) - Report Export

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to "Export the current report" from the CM user tracking module.

When I click the export report button, I get a popup that says "Export all 524 rows". When I hit ok to this screen, I get the following error.

"Internet Explorer cannot download UTHostPT.do from <server>.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Any ideas?

Edit: Just FYI, the print report function works just fine. The export is the one that does not work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like CSCsl24267. The fix is in Campus Manager 5.0.3.

Symptom:

This is easily reproducible only on LMS 3.0 when exporting User Tracking entries to a CSV file.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Web into LMS-->Campus Manager-->User Tracking-->Report Generator-->generate an end host report-->click on the export icon on right top corner, you will see the following error message:

Internet Explorer cannot download file UTHostPT.do from lms-servername

Conditions:

This is only an issue with the new Campus Manager 5.0.1 in LMS 3.0 using SSL with IE. LMS 2.6 or older does not have this problem. Using Firefox does not have this issue.

Workaround:

Use Firefox instead of IE. Or change to HTTP instead of using SSL.

Alternatively, edit NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cmapps/WEB-INF/web.xml, and change the nocache param value from true to false. That is, by default, the web.xml file will have:

nocache

true

Change the param-value from true to false, then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager.

(Note: NMSROOT is the path into which CiscoWorks is installed. By default, this is /opt/CSCOpx on Solaris and C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on Windows.)

Further problem description

From Campus Manager 5.0.3 , it will work except in the following scenario.

IF the CW server is Solaris 9 and the client machine's OS is Windows XP and browser is IE. It wont work. It will throw some pop error saying " Cannot convert ascii to String"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like CSCsl24267. The fix is in Campus Manager 5.0.3.

Symptom:

This is easily reproducible only on LMS 3.0 when exporting User Tracking entries to a CSV file.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Web into LMS-->Campus Manager-->User Tracking-->Report Generator-->generate an end host report-->click on the export icon on right top corner, you will see the following error message:

Internet Explorer cannot download file UTHostPT.do from lms-servername

Conditions:

This is only an issue with the new Campus Manager 5.0.1 in LMS 3.0 using SSL with IE. LMS 2.6 or older does not have this problem. Using Firefox does not have this issue.

Workaround:

Use Firefox instead of IE. Or change to HTTP instead of using SSL.

Alternatively, edit NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cmapps/WEB-INF/web.xml, and change the nocache param value from true to false. That is, by default, the web.xml file will have:

nocache

true

Change the param-value from true to false, then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager.

(Note: NMSROOT is the path into which CiscoWorks is installed. By default, this is /opt/CSCOpx on Solaris and C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on Windows.)

Further problem description

From Campus Manager 5.0.3 , it will work except in the following scenario.

IF the CW server is Solaris 9 and the client machine's OS is Windows XP and browser is IE. It wont work. It will throw some pop error saying " Cannot convert ascii to String"

Thanks! That fix worked great