cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking and C2950

r_silvestri
Level 1
Level 1

I am troubleshooting a UT implementation which is not able to discovery any UT records from C2950.

According proposal in other threads I found I checked the way SNMP are available according to the document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a9b.shtml

Everything works fine in SNMP but I am not able to see what is going wrong.

Sample devices affected are starting with cb- or explicitly the vh-v741-s1.

12 Replies 12

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can see the 2950 in the log file, are these end hosts pc's or IP phones?

There are only PC and Unix boxes as endnodes.

I was thinking about to delete and recreate the ut database. Could this help?

Regards

Ruedi

You could try doing that:

CSCOpx/campus/bin

reinitdb.pl -ut

When you start a new UT acquisition you might want to enable debugs first. The module you'll want to enable debugs for is vmpsadmin

Hi

still strugling with the 2950 only.

I did reinit the ut db and enable vmpsadmin in ani debuging.

Attached are the ani.log and the ut log including the full aquisition. One of the devices I am looking for is vh-v741-s1.

Thanks for helping

Hi

Before you do UT, try to ping to few hosts attached to that 2950 switch.

And try to do acquisition for that device only.

Also check the CAM table of 2950 switch to double confirm that MAC table is there.

Cheers.

Hi

the ping sweep is enabled for the relevant subnets and should takle the issue.

Further I did check the box just before the aquisition by runnig the snmpwalks according the document on link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a9b.shtml

I was able to identify all the details in the snmpwalk correctly, but they do not find the way into the UT db.

Regards

Hi

as requested I also did some manual pings. I identified the Hosts to bing by "sh mac-address-table" command and looking up the IP address on the routers ARP table.

After this I did a device only aquisition which. This aquisition only did create log entries in the ani.log which is attached.

Does the problem not getting any records for UT be in relation to the message:

2006/09/07 18:36:26 VMPSMajor ani VmpsAdminSMFGenerateTable: apply: start

2006/09/07 18:36:26 VMPSMajor ani VmpsAdminSMFGenerateTable: using Bridge table from 10.10.128.190

2006/09/07 18:36:26 VMPSMajor ani VmpsAdminSMFGenerateTable: apply: no switch found

Hi all,

what else can I do to solve my problems?

Regards

What version of Campus Manager are you using? What SNMP version are you using to query this 2950?

Hi

Campus Manager Version 4.0.5 is deployed and I did use SNMP Version 2c in my snmpwalks.

Regards

This switch is in the VTP domain eawag_dd. In what VTP mode is this switch operating? What is the configuration on this switch?

Given that this might be sensitive information, you should consider opening a TAC Service Request as switch configuration and VTP configuration will be required.

ajvasque80
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem. I had about 50 3550 switches working and about 100 that did not work. I finally found that they were running different IOS versions. Now after the IOS upgrade on all 100 switches the user tracking works. I would recomend upgrading your IOS on your 2950's. Hope this helps.