cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking duplicate entries fix?

nickmaiolo
Level 1
Level 1

Ive been experiencing bug ID CSCsb22036 and have seen the suggested fix will be added into campus manager 4.0.3 Well ive just installed this and am still having the problem.

After installing the update, what needs to be done to reduce the duplicates? I have end host entries to stay no more than 1 day and i have lots of older things in there.

Even reading the release notes from campus manager 4.0.3 i dont see any reference to this bug id.

Am i missing something or has the suggested fix not been implemented in cm4.0.3?

Thanks

Nick

5 Replies 5

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

It is fixed in Campus Manager 4.0.3

You will need to re-init teh Campus Manager database after installing CM 4.0.3

If that doesn't help, you may be running into CSCsb89265

I have the same problem in a fresh database under lms2.5 December update for Solaris. Many duplicated host entries are present in the database and although I delete entries older than 1 day, some hosts are several times in the same port.

By re-init the database, do you mean clearing the database and re-discover the devices again???

What is this bug CSCsb89265 and is there any fix for it.

Thanks for any information.

I have the same problem after i installed CM 4.0.3, so How can I do to reinit database, you know the procedure ?

best regards

Manuel

If you are running on Windows, open a DOS shell and issue the commands:

net stop crmdmgtd

cd CSCOpx\campus\bin

..\..\bin\perl reinitdb.pl -restore

net start crmdmgtd

If you are running on Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

cd /opt/CSCOpx/campus/bin

./reinitdb.pl -restore

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Anyone find a fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue after reinitializing the db. Also, I looked at the additional bugid from above and it does not seem to describe what I'm seeing. Thanks.

Michael