cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User tracking for Point 2 Point AP connections.

Hi,

I have end hosts connected to AP's connected with P2P connections ... is there a way to have user tracing for these hosts.

CW -> switch -> 1242AG -> 1242AG -> end hosts

CW -> switch -> 1310G -> 1242AG -> end hosts

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

I have LMS 3.1 with CM 5.1

This will not work. You need to upgrade to CM 5.1.3, then you will be able to acquire users directly connected to standalone APs provided those APs are configured for multiple VLANs.

I upgraded the CM.

As suggested, I tried to configure the P2P link. But here we are using 802.11a for the communiation between two APs'using native vlan only and 802.11b for the end host connection.

When i try to configure the VLANs in the first AP, i lose connection with the second AP.

The configuration of both the APs' with the N/W diagram is attached herewith.

I don't use Visio, so I can't view the topology. To which AP are the users connected? Is this AP managed by Campus Manager, and showing up as green on the Campus Topology Map?

I have added the AP to the DCR, but i didn't see whether its showing green or not. i will check it out. Attached is the diagram in jpg format.

You also need to make sure the AP properly supports the Q-BRIDGE-MIB. Post an SNMP Walk from the non-root bridge AP (I suppose this is where users are directly connecting) of 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.7.

Hi joe,

I configured VLANs on both the devices but after configuring it i cant get to make them talk between themselves. not sure if this is the correct way. attaching the configs for both the APs'.

I am not a wireless expert, and I do not want to make config recommendations. You might try asking about recommended bridge configurations on one of the wireless forums.