Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

User Tracking freezing

Hi-

User Tracking acquisition is freezing in the "Running" state after 3-4 days of functioning normally, and the number of End Hosts in the database stay the same.

This stays until I reboot the entire ciscoworks box. restarting the UT service in the Common services processes window does not do any good.

I am running the acquisition twice a day (morning and afternoon, on a network of 1000+ devices. I made sure that the two schedules are not overlaping.

The database contains less than 200000 End Hosts entries, because i am deleting entires older than 10 days.

Campus Manager version = 4.0.5

Any ideas how I can solve this issue?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: User Tracking freezing

The database must contain less that 100,000 end hosts to be supported. If you have more than this, you will need to split the network across two instances of Campus Manager. You should also consider upgrading to LMS 2.6 with Campus Manager 4.0.7. A bug was fixed in the 2.6 release that could cause UT to fail due to memory exhaustion even when running with a supported number of end hosts.

If after upgrading, and after reducing the number of end hosts to <= 100,000, you still see a problem, take a look at the ut.log file to see if there are any errors or exceptions.

do you mean by "split the network across two instances of Campus Manager", installing a second copy of CM on another server, and setup a certain number of devices on the first CM server and the rest on the second, in order to have 100,000 UT entry maximum in each database?

Thanks again.

Cisco Employee

Correct. You will need Campus Manager to manage X number of devices in Server 1 and Y number of devices on Server 2. Here, X and Y are numbers of network devices that will yield a number of end hosts <= 100,000. But you must upgrade as well. The memory fixes that went into CM 4.0.6 are vital for a network of such a size.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content