Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Issue: Mix of IP/hostnames

ranginroshkg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a problem in CW with Campus user tracking, in the device list it showing mix of Ip-addresses and hostnames.

It is same for the case of vlans as well, some place it display Vlan ID but in other page it shows vlan names.

How can I solve this by getting either host name or Ip.

20 Replies 20

Hi Clarke,

Yes 192.168.108.50 is still showing ip address.

the following devices have same issues:

192.168.103.50,192.168.108.50,192.168.110.50,192.168.112.47,192.168.113.49,192.168.119.50,192.168.120.50

There is something strange is happened, when I check UT report in device centre it is showing hostname, but connected host details are missing from the entry.

Please check the file attached and reply me.

Regards

This screenshot seems to contradict what you say here. The switch, 192.168.108.50, is showing up in UT as EKK-ACC-TBSC-SALMABD-SW1. Everything I've seen in the logs, and this XML file indicate there is no problem. At this point, if you're still seeing errors, I think you should open a TAC service request so this problem can be analyzed in real time.

Hi Clarke,

Yes I am getting corect information of switches in UT report taken from device center, but if I take the whole UT report of switches from Campus manager then there is problem of mix of IP and host-name.

Before upgrading CM to 5.0.3 I was getting mix of information in device center too, now that one is Ok. Is this a bug in CW ? I have attached a fie from UT, please check it.

Regards

Rangin

Here is the file attached.

First, the order in which the entries are listed by default depends on the database ID which is based on the MAC address. If the entries for one switch are not contiguous, this is not a problem. You can always sort the report based on any column you want (e.g. Device Name).

Next, this screenshot looks like the old one you sent on October 18. Since then, you provided a new screenshot (along with logs) which proves that 192.168.108.50 is showing up with its hostname in the UT report. I cannot see any problems with the recent data you've posted. That is why I suggested in my previous post that you open a TAC service request. TAC can work with you in real time to analyze and troubleshoot this problem.

Now I will say this. If this latest screenshot IS from a report run today, the fact that the entries are showing with a last seen time of October 18 means that they were not updated since October 18. If Campus MAnager was not managing these switches by their hostnames on October 18, that is why you still see IP addresses. That will not change for those OLD entries. However, all NEW entries for those switches should show up with a Device Name equal to the switch's hostname.

Thank you Clarke, the information which you provided was helpfull.

Regards