Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

User Tracking Running For Approx 16 hours

I installed Campus manager yesterday morning, and the DCR and Campus Data collection ran fine. Started User Tracking, and it is still running. Looked at processes, and don't see anything wrong. Has anyone else seen this issue or have a resolution.

Thanks for the assistance.

dave

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: User Tracking Running For Approx 16 hours

What types of messages are you seeing in the logs? (ani.log or ut.log)

Is it still being written to or does it say something like db connection closed?

The last time I saw it taking so long and it was still being written to was due to DNS issues. It may be trying to resolve names on end hosts and this is happening for every device.

Does your ANIServer.properties file have the entry:

aniresolve=false

Re: User Tracking Running For Approx 16 hours

I'm running into the same issue and I currently have a TAC case open (603321847). I looked at my ANIServer.properties looking for the aniresolve=false enttry but didn't see it at all. What I did see was this - # When usedns is set to false, ANI will not resolve ip address to name # using DNS.

#

#nameserver.usedns=true

nameserver.usednsForPath=true

nameserver.usednsForUT=false

#

Please help! I tried to attached is my AniServer.properties file but I'm using the Opera brouser. Not sure if it worked.

Views
Helpful
Replies