Views
Helpful
Replies

Username problem in Prime LMS 4.1

pvezina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I just installed Cisco Prime LMS 4.1, and now I want the user authentication to integrate with my TACACS server. I try to add my users with the same username as they appear in Tacacs, but in LMS when I try to add a user that has a dot in it, ex: "smith.j" it says that the "." is an invalid character. Is there a way around that, because I don't want to rename every user in Tacacs, plus the fact that I want to integrate Tacacs with LDAP soon.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Patrick Vezina

Technical Advisor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is also a policy for usernames in LMS.

Admin -> System -> User Management -> Local User Policy Setup

That currently says no dot in the name, which I believe is a good thing actually :-)

Check that first.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your TACACS server is Cisco Secure ACS, you can try to import the users with the CLI utility below directly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/appendixcli.html#wp1064833

Importing Users From ACS

To import users from ACS through CLI, enter the following commands:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/AddUserCli.pl -importFromAcs Filename Password (on Solaris/Soft Appliance)

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\AddUserCli.pl -importFromAcs Filename Password (on Windows)

where,

Filename — Ouput of executing CSUtil.exe.

Password — ACS password which is the default password assigned to all users.

If you're running another TACACS server, you can export the user + pass from that, then import the list with a script built around the "NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/AddUserCli.pl -add" utility:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/appendixcli.html#wp1015980

In either case, hopefully the CLI tools would whine about or acquiesce to the dot in the username.

There is also a policy for usernames in LMS.

Admin -> System -> User Management -> Local User Policy Setup

That currently says no dot in the name, which I believe is a good thing actually :-)

Check that first.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: