cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Usertracking Wlan using WLSM

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! When I run UT with CM 4.0.6, I only see the mac addresses of clients assosiated to an AP. The layer 3 information located in the arp table of the 6500 carring the WLSM is missing. Does anyone know what to do that I see the ip belonging to the mac assosiated to the AP? thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The WLSM is not supported by Campus Manager, and will therefore not be used by User Tracking for resolving MAC addresses to IPs. You will need to make sure all of the wireless MACs are also in the ARP cache of a supported router device that is properly data collected, and shows up as green with a router icon on the Topology Map.

It's the arp cache of the Sup720. Besides it has worked before with LMS2.2 and CM3.3

What version of code is the switch with the Sup720 running? When debugging missing IP issues with UT, enable vmpsadmin debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then perform another full UT major acquisition. Then trace the MAC and missing IP address through the ut.log.

The Sup720 is running 12.2(18)SXF5.

Debugging show the following two lines:

VMPSMajor ani VmpsAdminSMFGenerateTable: PROCESSING : Do0.100 NO_VTP_(T) inactive100

VMPSMajor ani VmpsAdminSMFGenerateTable: add: Do0.100 NO_VTP_(T) inactive100

In the second line is the client ipaddress missing between and

These lines are just showing the creation of the UT main table. They do not reflect what is being polled of the devices on the network. Trace the address of the switch through the log. You should see the ARP table being polled for it (i.e. a line like "using ARP table from ").

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: