Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using 2801 for web/traffic monitoring

We have a 'guest' internet network that is open for anyone who is a 3rd party and/or guest in our building. This is a seperate vlan and basically just pipes them out to the internet so they can access their company email etc. Currently, we have a old Linksys router running this show and it's getting tired looking. We have a spare 2801 router and I was wondering if it is possible to monitor connections, traffic or some sort of log of what's going on/whos connecting to what external IPs and ports.

I know we could leverage nbar, I guess netflow? On the linksys there is an inbound/outbound access log that quickly tells you local IP -> external IP & port so you can quickly check whos connecting to what..

Apart from possibly netflow and some 3rd party software to view the data, anything quick and dirty I can use direct on the router itself? (It will also be handing out DHCP and services this network alone, so there is no other 'infrastructure' involved , so to speak)

cheers,

A

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content